Sunday, August 16, 2015

See you belly, mommy?

Cambria was interested in bellies today. We read a book I love about a baby growing inside a mommy's belly: God Gave Us You. Then she talked about how she came out of my belly. She pulled up her shirt and looked at her belly, then pulled up daddy's shirt and looked at his belly. Then, she came over to me and asked to see my belly. There came the moment of truth...

Let's just say that my belly isn't what it used to be, it looks like a mommy belly (loose skin that creates the look of a pudge, even if there's nothing extra under the loose skin) and I have a TON of stretch marks. I think it's probably the area that I'm most self conscious.

But! I had the thought, I don't want her to think that a mommy belly is something to be ashamed of. It looks like that because I have had the miracle of growing two beautiful babies inside there. It also doesn't hurt for her to see "real life bellies" not just what you see on bilboards, or anywhere else.

So... I showed her my belly. I was expecting her to say something about how my belly looks different than hers, or daddy's... But she didn't. She just touched it, and felt it like it was like any other normal belly.

I'm proud of myself, I feel like I took a step in the right direction.

No comments:

Post a Comment