Friday, January 9, 2015

Journaling

As I was surfing Pinterest the other day I saw an idea to start a "Victory Journal". It's basically a way for you to record small victories daily. I thought it was a good idea, then I remembered the advice given in General Conference (by President Eyring) to have a gratitude journal.
I'm sad to say that the Pinterest idea made me want to start a journal and not the advice given by an apostle of the Lord. In my defense, I thought the advice given by President Eyring was great, and I wanted to try it out but I didn't feel like I was in a stage of life to do it at the time. Now that I have given up on trying to write in a Journal on my computer daily (it just doesn't happen... I want to add too much detail, so it takes too long to be sustainable); I have decided that I need a new approach. This is it (along with trying to blog a little more frequently, and in shorter, less overwhelming posts).
I have started making a bulleted list of blessings that happen throughout the day. It's quick, easy, and it helps me feel the Spirit more strongly. It also helps me be more grateful and think more positively before I say my night time prayers.

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. In a sense, it can be the same thing. We are thankful for our victories. Aren't we? :) You can easily merge the ideas. :) Either way, good for you for journaling!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so grateful that you are trying!! Every little bit helps - and to thank Heavenly Father at night in your prayers will definitely help you!!!

    ReplyDelete