Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Our Vacation

Here are the pictures from our trip! We had such a blast!

Like I said before, we started our trip at Jonathan's uncle's house. We had a lot of fun there! Cambria loved the stairs! She is a practicer, I don't know if all babies are this way, but she discovered that she wasn't comfortable with the stairs so she went up and down them till she was. She also sat in a bumbo (in VI) for the first time in about a year and found that she wasn't comfortable getting in and out of it, so she practiced till she was more familiar with it. It was pretty cute. 
I also was told by a friend a good trick to get toddlers comfortable with going down stairs. Say "foot, foot, knee, knee, hand, hand" and move their limbs as you say it. Then the repetition will help them remember how to get down the stairs. By the end of the week she would say "knee, knee" as she came down the stairs. It was the cutest thing! 


This is the July 4th cake that Ruth's sister made. All that fresh fruit was amazing! 

We had a toenail painting party and this is the result.  

 These two are so cute! Sadie and I were both sitting on the sand, and our babies took over the chairs. Rude.

It doesn't get much better than a sleeping baby.

First day at the beach! Cambria was intrigued by the waves, but they were a bit too big for her liking. 


This was not staged, or planned. All the kids just like being read to!

Sharing books, they both love them!

We brought some toys to help entertain Cambria on the looong drive to and from vacation. I'm glad we did because they were all the grandkids favorite things! This is us enjoying the music that the piano plays. Grandpa is trying to get Cambee to dance. I love that I caught it on camera!

Sunset on the beach. That was a fun night. We got to spend some one-on-one time with Dave and Jenny.

We all particpated in a photo scavenger hunt. This was our picture of pony tails. Two ways :)

Cambria loved looking at the ponies.

James wanted to make a hole for Jonathan to bury him in... Arilyn beat him to getting in (it helped that she needed about a quarter of the size of a hole) they buried her and surprisingly she loved it!

You can kinda see the mermaid they made her into...

These two are like kids when you get them on a sandy beach...

Photo scavenger hunt: Water foul... again. Cambria was very intrigued. 

Photo scavenger hunt: Sand man. This is after James was successfully buried in the sand.

Photo scavenger hunt: Kershaw's piled in a Kar...

The girls threw me a surprise baby shower!!! I had no idea it was coming, and I wasn't expecting it at all. I think this was the first surprise party that has ever been thrown for me (not because people haven't tried, just because if there was some reason for a party, I'm too much of a control freak to let anyone plan it without me... sad but true)
so... This was a complete surprise and I loved it! We played a little game that we had to pick folded diapers out of a pile and whoever got the "loaded" one (with chocolate covered almonds) was the winner. Mom won.


unfortunately, these were the only pics I got of the shower. But I must say, baby boy scored some super cute clothes, and blankets!!!

Three Generations of Kershaws. This was also a scavenger hunt item.

On the way home, we stopped at the Washington DC Temple. This was Cambria's first time coming in contact with the Christus, it took her some time to recognize it (which surprised me, she often points out pictures of the Savior before I recognize them) but once she warmed up all she wanted to do was get close. It was really sweet. She knows who He is.

We had such a blast! I'm bummed that I didn't get more pictures of all the fun we did, but there were plenty of cameras going off, so hopefully I can get a hold of all the pictures. 

1 comment:

  1. So much fun! Thanks for sharing. I have a few photos from the shower too. I hope to get them up sooner than later. :)

    ReplyDelete