Friday, March 15, 2013

Sunshine

Last week we had one day that was absolutely beautiful, weather wise. There is a lady that is in our ward who is basically superwoman. I think she seriously spends her entire morning visiting people (only the morning because by 3:00 she has to pick up her kids from school) but seriously I think she does it Monday through Friday. No joke. Well, last week I was the recipient of her visiting because I’m a new mom, and she visits new mom’s weekly… I’m sure of it. And she held Cambria, and we just chatted. It was wonderful, just what I thought I needed. Jonathan came home early that day, so she suggested that he take me out for a drive since it was such a beautiful day! What a good idea! Then she grabbed her purse and handed us $20 and told us to get lunch too. We tried to give back the money, but she wouldn’t have it. So what did we do? We went on a picnic, thanks to Sister Allred.

Can I just tell you? That’s exactly what I needed. Sunshine and social interaction. Sunshine does good things to a person, physically, emotionally, and mentally. We thought about it later, and realized that it had been almost a whole week since I had seen the sun… not ok. It was a bit cold, but the sun was shining, and we really enjoyed each other’s company!

So… my lesson has been learned. I need to see the sun more often. Since then Jonathan has been great and reminded me to get out of the house. I haven’t gone out much, or for very long, but even just a few minutes in the sunshine does the body good.

No comments:

Post a Comment