Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Cambria, the cute

It just so happens that I'm writing this post on the day Cambria turned 21 months. Happy 21 months Cambee!

She is in such a fun (and trying) stage right now! I have been keeping a running list of some of the cute things she does/says. Sadie (my "twin", (my husband's twin's wife)) wrote a post of the words Arilyn (her 2 year old) says and the translations. I thought it was so cute, that I wanted to copy her :).

She has started replacing words with "uh-uh-uh" (un-opened mouth sound). It's a lot better than screaming, but when she does that when she wants a cracker (something she could say before "mommy") I'm a little... bugged. We have started saying "use your words" but she just responds with "please"... yes, that's a good word, but I don't know what you want, use different words... She'll get there.

Speaking of screaming, she is really good at it. I have been so done with hearing it, and really at a loss of how to help her get over this phase as quickly as possible. One thing that worked for about a week (but what a glorious week it was) was whenever she started to scream, I would ask her "do you want to scream?" to which she would reply "yes". Then I would tell her to go scream in her room, not in a mean, or punishing tone... but just matter-of-factly. She then would walk to her room, and then walk out. It would giver her enough time to forget about whatever it was that she was screaming about. Now when I ask her, she says she doesn't want to scream in her room, so she just continues to scream wherever I am. ... back to the drawing board with that one :)

Cambee has been into saying "wow" lately. It's the cutest thing! She will be exploring something new (for example, a black string she found on the floor) and just say "waaaaa-ooooh" over and over again! Adorable.

She also says "Applegate". We have yet to figure out what this word is, she says it when she is in her high chair and waiting for food, she says it when she is getting wiped down after she is done eating, she says it when she's looking for a certain book to read... I'm at a loss for what it could mean.

Some other fun words:
Cambria's word                                Translation
Ock                                                 on/off
Wees                                               Zip
Ah-gee-ya                                       Come get me
Pay                                                  Play
Bock                                                Box
Bock                                                Blocks
Bah                                                  Ball
Book                                               Book (all of the above 4 words are very hard to distinguish between...)

We love her!

No comments:

Post a Comment