Sunday, March 9, 2014

Bucket Fillers

Two experiences filled my bucket this week.

Friday was a BEAUTIFUL day! It got all the way up to 45 degrees and it was sunny. A few friends and I decided to go on a walk to enjoy the day. On the drive over to the walking destination, Cambria and I listened to springtime primary songs. That helped the mood of our trip. When we got out of the car and started our walk, we couldn't stop talking about how wonderful sunshine and warmth is. I really hope spring is on it's way. I'm so over this winter. The sunny walk did a lot of good things for my soul.

On Saturday I went wedding dress shopping!!! Jonathan's lab mate just got engaged and needed to find a wedding dress. She is from China and wanted some help from an "expert", all I can say is she got stuck with me. But... getting out of the house, getting out of "mommy mode", and into a bridal shop was exactly what I needed this week. It felt SO GOOD to be doing something I love, being in an environment that I haven't experienced in two years, and helping someone at the same time. She found a beautiful dress that I'm going to alter (from a size 6 down to a 0... wish me luck :) ). The store is going out of business, so we scored a $900 for $399! Thus the size 6 dress. Most people aren't shopping for a dress to take off the rack, but we were... Places outside of Utah don't keep multiple sizes of gowns in stock, just sizes that lots of people can try on.

Because they were going out of business, the place was packed, so I was her consultant since everyone else was busy. By the end, I had a few consultants watching me do my thing. I think I do things a little differently than they do. If they want to start using my tactics, I don't mind. They work. I'm not saying this to brag, or to be boastful, but it just felt SO GOOD to be back in that element. I probably will never work in a bridal shop again, but if I could swing doing something like that every few years I think my bridal consultant bucket would be filled.

When we walked out, one of them turned to my friend and said "You should probably buy her dinner..." I had a good laugh about that. From the sounds of it, we will be getting free, home cooked, legit, Chinese food soon. I'm not complaining about that at all!

Yay for bucket fillers!

1 comment:

  1. You are awesome - - - and the dinner - - - no one could enjoy it more!!!!

    ReplyDelete