Sunday, November 30, 2014

Look for the Good

I think I have mentioned that Jonathan and I often spend a good portion of the evening after Cambria goes to bed talking about how cute she is. I really feel like it's therapeutic, it reminds me that although she is in a tough stage right now, that she is cute most of the time, and helps me remember that I love her.

I was thinking about how good that is for my mental strength to see the good in her for such a long period of time each day. Then a thought came to mind: what if I did that with other people that are close to me; Jonathan, my siblings etc. When you live with someone it's really easy to see the things that bug you about them, or the nice things they do for you become routine. But, how much better would my relationship be if I actually spent an allotted amount of time just thinking of the good things that Jonathan does for me, or the things that I love about him?

Don't get me wrong, my relationship with him is great, but could it be greater? Always... no relationship is perfect.

AAAANNNDDDD.... How much greater would my relationship be with my Heavenly Father and the Savior if I did the same thing, or if I just took an allotted amount of time to thank them for the blessings I receive daily.

Food for thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment