Thursday, August 23, 2012

A little scare

WARNING: this post talks about bodily fluids and blood.

I woke up this morning around 2:30 with an urge to go to the bathroom (which is becoming more of a common occurrence). This time though, I felt moist, and I felt my pj pants and they were wet too... not a good sign. I went to the bathroom, and to my surprise I had leaked fluid (clear for the most part) with a bit of blood. I woke Jonathan up and called my after hours doctor (I had my first appointment with my new dr's office on Tuesday; talk about perfect timing (that's a big blessing)) and he asked if I was currently bleeding, which I wasn't. He also asked if I was cramping, no on that account too. I felt fine, except I was a tad worried. He told me that it could probably wait till the clinic opened at 8:00, and told me to call them when they opened.

At the clinic, I met the doctor and he did an ultrasound. I was so worried that my water had broken or something. But I was hoping that it was just a UTI or bladder infection or something fixable. When he looked at the ultrasound the first thing he said was "wow! That is a great amount of fluid. That's a great size sac." (which probably meant that he thought my water had broken too) I felt instant relief, also because our little baby was moving a lot! He checked the heart beat, and then spent about 3-5 minutes just looking at the baby, showing us the umbilical cord, the brain development, it's little arms and hands, and legs and feet! While he was doing that, he was talking to us about our concerns, and addressing almost all of them. I was so happy! I was so grateful! I had prepared myself for the worst, and thankfully I was pleasantly surprised.

He said that from what he could see, he doesn't know why I was bleeding, or what the fluid was. (I know that I didn't wet the bed... it was something uncontrollable.) He said that everything looks great though.

I'm so grateful that this was just a little scare, and everything is ok. I'm grateful for the answer to our prayers that this baby is still growing and progressing. I'm grateful for all of the prayers of friends and family! There is a power and strength in numbers!

No comments:

Post a Comment