Sunday, July 8, 2012

Fun Weekend!

We had a really fun weekend this weekend. On Friday we went to one of Jonathan's coworkers places for a barbecue, we didn't stay too late since everyone was drinking, and we were tired. But I really like how much of a camaraderie there is with all of his coworkers. They often spend a lot of time together, which never happened with Jonathan's last internship. I'm a fan.

Saturday we didn't have anything planned, so I finished my dress that I have been working on. I don't think I mentioned that I was working on one, the goal was to make a loosly fitting dress so that I could wear it during that awkward stage of pregnancy when I start showing but don't want people to know that I'm pregnant. Well, I finished it a couple of weeks ago, and put it on and I looked like a pioneer, or an Amish person... not really the look I was going for. I was trying to make it so that I didn't have to put a zipper in it, but it turns out that fabric that doesn't stretch made too loose looks like a pillow case when worn... who knew? I had some ideas of how to fix it, but after putting so much time and effort into the dress to not have it work is really discouraging; so I took a break. I picked it back up this week and started unpicking, yesterday I really got into it and I finished it (including putting a zipper in without a zipper foot! Not the easiest thing)! I'm still a little self concious, that it might look slightly pioneer-ish, but I wore it today anyway, and I got a few compliments. That boosted my confidence in it's cuteness. I needed those compliments especially since I don't have a full length mirror to self evaluate before I go out somewhere... (I'll post pictures, if I can figure it out)

Then last night we decided to make homemade pizza! We had a good time topping our pizzas. There are a few things that kids love to eat and usually grow out of when they get older. This was true for me except for a few things, Hawaiian Pizza, and double chocolate chip muffins from Costco. So, with that being said, I made Hawaiian, and Jonathan made pepperoni. (side note: They didn't have pineapple tidbits at Walmart so I got crushed, and I am now in love. I can have pineapple in every bite!) As we were waiting for our pizza to cook, Jonathan found some scraps from my dress and made himself a ninja head band. Naturally, he made me one... then the discovery hit, "we're ninjas and we're eating pizza? Let's be Ninja Turtles!" He was Michael-Angelo and I was Donatello because I was wearing purple. We had a good time wearing our head bands and trying to eat like turtles, (it didn't last long because the pizza was hot, and it was hard to hold).

I'm so glad that we have so much fun together, I kinda like it.

[caption id="attachment_80" align="alignnone" width="225"] Before: You can tell on my face that I'm not happy with it[/caption]

[caption id="attachment_81" align="alignnone" width="225"] After: Much better![/caption]

[caption id="attachment_86" align="alignnone" width="300"] our Ninja Turtle high five (our fingers split apart at the last second[/caption]

[caption id="attachment_89" align="alignnone" width="300"] MMM... Full, happy bellies![/caption]

6 comments:

  1. Not pioneerish at all--I love it!! Will you be my seamstress? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You guys are too cute! LOVE the dress redo. You've got props.

    ReplyDelete
  3. of course! Come out and see me, and I'll make you something :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun! You make me smile. Very cute dress. :) So clever!

    ReplyDelete
  5. And cute dress!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That dress looks fantastic!!! :) I love it! I'm jealous, of your skills and your beauty. :) And your pizza.

    ReplyDelete